Thursday, June 23, 2011

Update from Day Three

So this nine day novel stuff has gotten me going rather fast. I find 7,000 words a day to be something of a challenge usually. I mean, I can sit down and bang out 5,000 words every now and then, but the idea of doing more is sometimes taxing. Now I'm doing 7,000 words a day for nine days. A but more if I can manage it. Maybe my goal for today should be 8,000 words?

Anyways. I'm chugging along. I think that there is a definite plus to sharing that you're writing at high speeds like this. For one thing, people might not care, but you can pretend they do. I've gained followers from this project. Its interesting.

I was thinking about the fact that NaNoWriMo tells you to tell everyone you know what you're doing -- a novel in a month -- and how it really does work, the sense that if you don't get it, then many people will know about your failure. Eh, I might keep doing this 9 day novel stuff in the future, get it set into a sort of contest for myself. We'll see.

Originally this was in the last entry about the idea but I'm starting a new entry:

Going to take a break from twitter for a moment so I can have more then 160 words to outline my plan for today. I'm going to a video blogger's filming today with Halley starting around 11 so I got up early-ish to do some writing. Now I have my tea, I can sit down and think about a plan for the day.

So, if I start at 8:30 (so 15 minutes until then), I should write about a 1000 words by 9. Then quick break and another 1500 by ten (I don't like giving myself longer then half an hour to do timed work, I always get kind of stressed as the time runs down, and half an hour : 1000 words works for me even if it really takes me 20 minutes). Another 1500 by 11, as I'll need to change. So the idea is to get 4000 in before I head out. Pretty good plan.

Let's see how it works out. I'd like to be 3000 in at least before I need to leave.

Keep following me on twitter. I find it wonderfully liberating to pretend people care. :)

Just before 8:30
Me: I think maybe I should think about making it a 9,000 word day. Just to make up for the fact that I haven't written 10,000 every day, and I do want to get to 70,000....

Famous last words?

9:30am
The time I threw my outline out the window.

10:45pm
So, the 9,000 word day did not happen. I got another 7,000 words in though, so feeling pretty good. Let's see.
Total words: 21329
Total words today: 7,293
Number of tweets: 13

#9daynovel

0 comments:

Post a Comment