Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Groundhog Day 8 -- or Day Eight 2: Electric Boogaloo

Due to the complete failure of yesterday in terms of word count (I think I wrote something like 5 words), I decided to do Day 8 over again. The advantage of this is that 1, I get to make a lot of jokes about the movie Groundhog Day (this will probably be the last one though, I'll get distracted and forget) and 2, I will finish on the last day of June and not awkwardly on the 29th. I'm not sure how I missed this, but if I hadn't missed day 8, I would have ended today on the 29th, which isn't as good as ending on the 30th.

So yes, forget yesterday as Day 8, TODAY is day 8. :D

Now before I got too far, I just wanted to plug this article that Diane Duane, one of my all time favorite authors (she writes the Young Wizards series), retweeted this morning: A Home Before the End of the World. It was fabulous, and poignant, and just a great way to start the morning. I hope it starts your morning as well (or evening, afternoon or lunchtime even).

ANYWAYS, onwards. The keyboard awaits my first 1000 of the day.


Around 11am

I have figured out that if I can get to 50,000 with whatever has happened here, I could jump start the end of the novel and get it done by tomorrow. How strange is that?


My current word count is above. I was just thinking that even if I fail to finish the novel, at least I got this far into it in 9 days. It makes everything worth it. 

Around 10:30 pm

Wheeeeeeeee! I just wrote a very dramatic scene which will haunt Penny, my lead, for ages to come. I also managed to put in a character who might be The Doctor. MIGHT BE, is the key. I would never say he is. He does wear a pinstripe suit and a brown coat though. 

Anyways. I am about to hit 53,000 words, which is good, because my goal for today would have been 56,000 had I been on track. I'm heading into a dramatic ending which may or may not take me to 63,000. Either way, I'm happy with what's happening. I feel the draw of the end, pulling me along. 

Anyways, so in my spare time, whist I am procastinating, I've been thinking about ebook formatting of this book. And chapter titles. But the point being, is I made a cover for this book. I've decided that the book will probably be called Cut Throat in part, due to the true story that some of the characters are only barely based off of (the Scott family is the Medici family). Anyways, I wanted there to be blood dripping down from the cut, but I couldn't figure out how to make it look quite right, so I just left as is. 


Its not the most beautiful or captivating cover, but I was procrastinating, what do you want from me? I will actually make a cover for it properly later. I was pleased with the torn paper effect though, hence me sharing it. The tutorial I used was really good. 

Oh, and other noveling news -- CampNaNoWriMo has opened up!!! I already have an idea for it, but its super vague. Well, after doing almost 7,000 word days, 1,667 is an easy concept. I can knock that out (be)for(e) breakfast. 

I'm excited about everything! Let's get going on the end of this novel -- I know where things are going now. :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment