Tuesday, June 21, 2011

9 Day Novel

So I had this plan. It went like this:

June 7th, start my novel. July 1st, finish my novel.

Sure, that seems like not long enough to finish a novel, but I usually get to 50,000 words by November 23rd, when it comes to NaNo (actually more then that lately, but we're getting to that).

So far I have 1,000 words. Oh yes, I am pushing it a little. And by a little, I mean A LOT. I'm not planning on a 50,000 word novel, I'm planning on an 100,000 word novel. That means, if I want to get to my goal, I have to be putting out 10,000 word days.

Still, I have ways of doing this. Including the sprint exercises I picked up in NaNo. For example -- writing 1,000 words is not hard for me, so I break the 10,000 words down into 1,000 word chunks. Ready set go.

So yes, I'm attempting a 9 day novel. Plus a short story for The Time of the Firebird, a new project me and Josh are working on.

Follow me on Twitter as I attempt this crazy idea: TWEET.

Edit: Looking at my schedule, and how much I wrote on the first day, I'm amending the above. I'm still trying for 10,000 word days, but the goal of the nine days is to get to about 90,000 words, not 100,000. That being said, I would consider a 70,000 word novel worth the craziness.

Update from Day One:
Words: 7011 words
Number of Characters: 6
Number of Deaths: 0

Update from Day Two:
Total Words: 14036
Words Written Today: 7025
Number of Characters: 12 with names, 3 without names but who may come back
Number of Deaths: 2
Number of chapters complete: 1

End of night sentence (too long for twitter): She knew the ships like the back of her hand, but the machinery that kept the state working – she had no idea how that worked.

Yeah, my first chapter is almost 12,000 words long. x.x

I'm enjoying this tweeting my way through word sprints for myself. Its kind of fun.

0 comments:

Post a Comment