Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Temper Tantrum

ARGH.

I have a problem. I may have written seven novels, and some of them had engaging characters, and interesting plots, but I can't seem to make the endings works. This was the problem with Evolution of a Wolf, where the ending was big and dramatic but it did grow organically from the beginning and middle of the story. I may have gotten too committed to what happened with Alice and Ian to really comprehend how it was not right and now, they seem stuck in that space. I can't get my brain to work.

Anyways, so I decided to just scrap the whole thing and start something new, because I was getting itchy. I plotted something out -- and it was cool. It was heading towards clockwork punk, with a bit of space western thrown in, but I have had the hardest time STARTING it, because I know the ending doesn't work.

I thought it was first draft fatigue -- thought it was the rush to get through the end, but I can't even plot an end that makes sense. WHAT THE HELL SELF.

Well FINE I AM JUST GOING TO WORK ON IT.

*stomps off to do so*

0 comments:

Post a Comment