Friday, June 24, 2011

From the chronicles of Day Four

I have found a new app called instagram (you all probably know about it already, shush, sometimes I'm super behind) and I keep adding photos to it and tweeting them -- because yes, I'm becoming better at tweeting. ANYWAYS. Since this is happening, I'm thinking about copying all of my tweets from the day related to #9daynovel and put them here. Well, thinking about it.

Anyways, as day four dawns, I am feeling pretty good. I'm going to start out light and as the day progresses push further. I don't have any specific plans, but I will have to go outside at some point today. I'm thinking of going to the library for a change of pace. Or the gym. I'd rather the library because its so nice there for writing. Anyways, so start out slow, speed up, slow down for an exercise break, slow start again and make it happen.

Yesterday I did not manage to get to my goal of 9,000 words, but I did get to 7,000 words. The way this is going, I sense the end result of these 9 days will be 63,000 words. I would like to get it up a bit more, and try for 65,000, if not the 70,000. I do know the novel won't be done, but the vast majority of it will be. I might be just about to hit the climax at 70,000 words, so here's to trucking on and seeing what happens.

Keep following me on twitter -- being able to pretend that people are paying attention to me makes the writing happen. If I fail, everyone will know about it ;)

I leave you at 9 am with this picture of Tillie, my dog:


More later.

2 pm


So a new character arrived today -- K98M3 (yes, the pun is, canine ate me. There will be a clever joke about this later in the book, unfortunately I still don't know exactly what it is. Puns anyone?). I think I shall like him a lot because, well, he's a repair sphere who's going to have character. :D

Anyways, I've managed to get, what, 4,000 words done thus far. I've decided to reinvent my chapters, so I could stop being in chapter two, which would have been about 15,000 words long x.x SO instead, I've just gotten to chapter 9. Makes me feel more productive, even if I'm still kind of wriggling around in the dust going, 'ahfwighrge my outline, my poor outline.'

Onwards and upwards. Maybe I'll get to 7,000 before 8? Then I can attempt to get on and write more then 7,000 words a day. :D

Another picture, this time of my computer screen:

Around 11

Ouch. I've hit a road block. I've got a good set up for a powerful force behind quite a bit of the novel, but have stalled when it comes to motivations. I need a reason for why Tia is going along with the plan her parents have cooked up -- I mean, apart from familial love, because Tia's not big on her family. Argh. I think I may loose out on today as a great writing day. I tried pushing ahead and all I got was this round about conversation of what's going on in my head. *grumble*

Well, I'm going to bed. Maybe sleep will offer something up to me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment