Monday, June 27, 2011

Day Seven -- a Day to Remember?

The deck is the bane of my existence.


There are tons of little nails in it which require removal and guess who is at home and "not doing anything". Oh yes, so I will have to remove these nails today. LUCKILY I can do it at my own pace and I think that will help me in terms of not wanting to rip my hair out.

So today. Today I am supposed to hit 49,000. I'm currently at 38,322. You never know, I could surprise myself. I don't know if I've ever done an 11,000 word day before though, so it may not happen.

My mother is going to the Cape today, so I will have the house to my self and only the dogs to care for until my dad gets back. I'm going to try and hit 7,000 words before six so I can at least be done with my word count before my dad wants me to do things.

Tillie is very worried mum is going to leave her behind -- for good reason as Tillie is not going to the Cape.


Oh, and as a small PS as I've been adding pictures recently to my posts: I've downloaded this app called Instagram which adds filters to your photos and really helps with the color and the way things look. So that is why you've got all these pictures on here, looking kind of cool. I will try and take pictures that aren't Tillie related some time, but unfortunately, she's terribly photogenic, so its hard. :D

Back to writing. More later perhaps.

Around Midday



I got distracted again. Need to work on that. Anyways, I thought I'd share the chapter titles I have currently. You can kind of tell where the story went sideways by the fact that the titles change. I'm probably going to rework the titles later, but I was amused by things that happened, so here are the titles:

Chapter One: An Opportunity
Chapter Two: An Unexpected Visitor
Chapter Three: A Wake Up Call
Chapter Four: A Surprise
Chapter Five: A Death in the Family
Chapter Six: An Early Meeting
Chapter Seven: Revelations
Chapter Eight: Something
Chapter Nine: Another Thing
Chapter Ten: Some Title I Have Yet to Come Up With Thank You Very Much
Chapter Eleven: Some New Title I Have to Come Up With
Chapter Twelve: Lee Arrives
Chapter Thirteen: In Which Something Happens, But I Don't Know What Yet, So Don't Ask Me
Chapter Fourteen: Oh Good Another Headache For Later

Right, I'm heading back. I leave you with these two songs which I've got on repeat as a soundtrack for this novel:
New Medium - Faded Paper Figures (discovered the other day while out with Halley)
Cosmic Love - Florence and the Machine (honestly, probably my favorite song of all time. I've listened to it so many times. When I first downloaded it I actually lay around for four hours listening to it on repeat... I think I got high off of music)

Around 10



Having seen the trailer for Brave (see above) I got really excited and distracted for a bit. Then I fell asleep -- I was so exhausted suddenly I just needed to lie down. I didn't wake up until my dad came back and woke me up. So yes, that was not an accomplishment.

I did however, turn on different music and now have Obliviate from the Harry Potter soundtrack on repeat. LOVE IT.

Anyways, I'm at 45,000 words. Only 4,000 more words to go and I'm not yet tired :D! Maybe 49,000 is in reach due to napping. We'll see.

Around 11:30


Well, my eyes are all dry and something strange just happened in my novel so I'm going to bed in order to figure out what happened. I am now only 3,000 words behind!!! I think that makes today an 8,000 word day WAHOO! Perhaps today is a day to remember. Or perhaps not. Tomorrow shall be busy but I will try hard to get words in. Goodnight everyone.

0 comments:

Post a Comment